Monday, December 2, 2013

How can I add speakers to my existing system?

speaker system parts
 on SPEAKERS & SPEAKER CABINETS
speaker system parts image



czfireball


Hey all. I currently am using an Altec lansing speaker system. (2 monitors with mids attatched and a sub). I recently found 2 speakers in my basement I wanted to integrate into the system. They are bostons and they have the +/- wire connections. Is there anyway I can integrate these into my system? I don't think I can tap directly into the amp in the existing system.


Answer
Depending on how the wiring to the Altec-Lansing speakers is done, it may be possible to splice the wires and run a pair off each speaker cable to the extra speakers.

I'd be cautious about this, though. These days, most "fixed" speaker systems are not designed to be part of a component stereo system, and the impedance of the wires is sufficient to drive the speaker it is attached to, but may not be enough to power a second speaker. Your music source may have the amplitude, but you may find the resulting sound tinny and weak.

How much does it cost to get a descent audio system in car?




nerdsgonew


hi. im about to receive a 95 toyota pick up and the current radio is going bad. For example only one side works and etc. i was wondering how much would it cost to install a small system like a three piece computer speaker system? i am on a low budget. how much cheaper would it be to just a buy the parts myself and install it myself? If so, how difficult is it?


Answer
Well I would shop around on Bestbuy, or circuit city, any kind of place like that.
Ive seen radios go as low as 35$ brand new.
Likewise with the speakers, Ive seen standard speakers go for 30$ for the set of two.
As far as installing, usually if you buy there products they will install for free. Or charge a small fee, usually its for free though.
And I dont know if your talking about putting a whole system in including subwoofers, speakers, and the radio.
But if you are You can get those quite cheap to.
Youll probally spend around 150-200$ keep in mind, its not gonna be the best around, but itll work.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I add speakers to my existing system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment