Saturday, December 7, 2013

How to connect Apple tv to speakers?

best speaker system apple tv
 on ... Apples latest operating system release  Mountain Lion  its
best speaker system apple tv image



John


Ive been looking for a cord to connect my apple tv 2 to my speakers that have a headphone-like jack for the input. I've heard it's supposed to be a toslink cable from the apple tv but how would I connect it to these speakers?


Answer
You would have to run it through a receiver if you don't have HMDI or optical on those speakers. The AppleTV is designed to hook up to a home theater system, not a pair of standalone speakers.

how can i listen to ipad's contents through surround sound system connected to tv using apple tv?




tortilla2g


I was able to configure apple tv and can play music from my library and mirror ipad/ipod through my tv. My tv is connected to a receiver via hdmi cable (hdmi 1) and then to my surround sound speakers. I have to connect apple tv to another hdmi port (hdmi 2). so how can i listen to apple tv through my surround sound speakers?


Answer
All of your devices (cable box, dvd player, apple tv, etc) should be plugged into the receiver via HDMI inputs, then the HDMI output of the receiver should go to the TV. If you configure it like this, then you can easily switch between your various sources on your receiver and it will send the video to the TV and audio to the speakers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to connect Apple tv to speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment